The Ultimate Moving Checklist by the Best Furniture Movers Melbourne: My Moovers
Moving (Furniture Movers Melbourne) all your belongings from one place to another can be challenging but isn’t relocating your life tough in general? Whatever may be the case, we should not forget that moving to a new place can bring a lot of excitement into our lives. With the best furniture movers in Melbourne, My Moovers there to guide you, relocation can be a breeze…
8 Weeks before You Move:
- Quotes, receipts and records related to your move should be stored on a file/folder. For instance, how much My Moovers, the best house removalists in Melbourne are quoting you? You may not remember all the details. So, storing your documents in a folder is a good idea.
- Monitor your expenses by setting up a moving budget.
- Plan a leave in advance for your moving day. Moving on a Friday specially can be great as it gives you the weekend to relax and be able to get back to work on Monday again!
- Make a choice as to the school that your kids would be going to in the new city. Irrespective of the distance you are travelling, the new school would require the transcripts of your child, so, make sure that you collect the relevant documents from the old school.
- Organize a moving sale to get rid of the unwanted stuff. You can also donate to charity.
- Moving fragile items such as pianos, fine art, pool tables etc. can be tiring but, if furniture movers such as My Moovers are at your service, then be assured of smooth relocation.
6 Weeks before You Move:
- Make sure everything is packed to perfection. My Moovers, the most affordable house removalists in Melbourne have a wide array of packing supplies such as tapes, cartons, boxes, portarobes etc to fulfill your every packing need.
- Create an inventory sheet of all your valuables before your belongings could go on the moving truck.
- Mark boxes containing fragile items.
- You should place all your hardware in labeled boxes which your house removalists can easily reassemble later.
- Get the pending minor home repairs done as this could decide whether you would or wouldn’t get your security amount back, especially if you live in an apartment.
- Have your vehicles serviced if you are moving interstate.
4 Weeks before You Move:
- Confirm the parking options for your moving truck as you may need a ‘parking’ permit for your moving day. My Moovers, the most trustworthy moving house services, have a convoy of 18 trucks to accommodate all size moves
- Gather all your financial and legal records in one place.
- The birth certificates and passports of every member of your family should be collected.
- Make sure to return the books that you borrowed from the library.
- The medical records of all your family members should be compiled at one place. Once this has been done, you should look for a new physician in the new neighbourhood.
- Your voter registration should be updated.
2 Weeks before You Move:
- My Moovers, the most professional moving house services in Melbourne suggest that you make sure to back up your computer.
- Get your address changed with loan providers, credit cards, banks etc.
- Cancel your membership at the yoga club, gym, crossfit facility etc.
- Get utilities such as water, electricity and natural gas transferred.
The Week You Move:
- Make sure to clean your home for the next residents.
- The fridge and freezer should be unplugged so that it can defrost the night before.
- Make sure to empty the oil and gas from grills, heaters, lawn mowers and snow blowers.
- Drain out all the water from your washing machine and ice maker.
- Make sure that you complete the aforementioned tasks before your house removalists could load your belongings into the moving truck.
My Moovers, the best moving house services & Furniture Movers Melbourne are adept at handling all kinds of moves. Call them today at 1300 979 997 to streamline your move!!!